EFFECTIVE DATE: June 20, 2016
By using our Apps, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Apps, which includes any services available through our Apps, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. Our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information directly from you, from third parties (e.g., social networking sites, data providers), and automatically as you use our Apps.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
The type of information that we collect directly from you depends on your particular interaction with our Apps. For example, if you create an account to use an App, we may collect your name, address, email address, and phone number. If you contact us, we will collect whatever information you choose to provide in your correspondence with us.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites.
You also may log into some of our Apps using your social networking account credentials. If you do this, we obtain information from these sites as follows:
- Facebook. If you log into our Site or Application using Facebook, you must enter your Facebook email address and password. We will ask that you grant us permission to: (i) access and collect your Facebook information (this includes your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, date of birth, email address, current city, photos, Web site and “likes,” and any information you have set to public on your Facebook account); (ii) your friends’ birthdays, work histories, status updates, check-ins, hometowns, current cities, photos, Web sites and likes, (iii) send you email; (iv) post to your Wall; (v) access posts in your newsfeed; and (vi) access your Facebook data at any time even if you are not using Facebook. If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public.
- LinkedIn. If you log into our Apps using your LinkedIn Account, you must enter your LinkedIn email address and password. By logging in through LinkedIn, you are granting us access to your profile data, your connections and network updates.
- Twitter. If you log into our App using your Twitter Account, you must enter your username or email and password. By logging in through Twitter, you are granting us access to your Twitter identity, which includes visible display of your avatar and user name.
- Google+. If you log into our App using your Google+ Account, you must provide your email address and password. By logging in through Google+, you are granting us access to your profile data, which includes display of your photo and name.
We store the information that we receive from your social network accounts along with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. Any third-party social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information We Collect About You from Other Third Parties
We also collect information about users (and non-users) from third party sources, including affiliated entities, surveys or questionnaires, marketing companies, data licensors, public records, and other consumers who use our products. We use this information to validate information in our database so that we can provide and improve services to users of our products.
Information We Collect Automatically.
A key component of many of our Apps is to assist you in identifying potentially unwanted telephone calls. To do so, we may collect information automatically from your device, including:
- Your call and text logs
- Your contacts
- Your phone number
We will match the information in your logs and contacts with numbers from incoming calls, as well as information in our database. We also may store this information for subsequent data validation for both you and other users of our Apps and other products. We may retain some of your information even after you uninstall an App or close your account.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Apps to you and other users
- To communicate with you about your use of our Apps, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer services purposes
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Apps
- To send you push notifications. For example, if you missed a call and the number was not in your address book but we knew the name of the caller, we may send you a notification.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party Web sites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Apps, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve our Apps, and for research and analytics purposes
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from
you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their
use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Business Users. We may provide your information to business users of our products (e.g., customer support centers) so that they may identify and verify their customers.
- User of the App and Our Other Products. Because your information may be used for validation of information in our database, we may disclose your information to users of the Apps and of other products and services that rely on our database of information.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Social Network Users. Depending on the social network through which we connect you with our Apps, social network information such as your name, username, profile picture, and avatar will be visible to all other users of our Apps, regardless of whether they are your friends, connections, followers, or the like. In addition, when you download, access, or activate an App, if you grant us permission to post updates or notices in connection with your social network profile, a notification may be visible on your profile page telling your friends or connections that you have started using an App. Our Apps also may be visible on any social network page that lists your “applications.”
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregated or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking. Specifically, you may turn off location tracking by changing the settings on your mobile device, although some features of the Apps may not be available if you do.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content in and on our Apps, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Apps. You also may have the option to send a picture or your location through our Apps to someone you call. These pictures will not be available to all users, only to the receiver of the sent picture. We will not text or call any of your contacts without your explicit consent.
If you post content to our Apps, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Apps may contain links to third-party Web sites. Any access to and use of such linked Web sites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party Web sites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party Web sites.
Any access to and use of a social network is not governed by this Policy, but instead of governed by the policies of those social networks. We are not responsible for the information practices of such social network Web sites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer/phone, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the App for a period of time.
Frequency of Communications
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Apps are not designed for children under 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not download the Apps or use the Apps, you may not use any feature that requires registration, and you may not provide us with any of your personal details. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: Hiya California Direct Marketing Request, 1301 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
In order to provide our products and services, your information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your area. If you are located outside the United States and you choose to provide your information to use, our Apps may transfer it to the United States and process it there. By consenting to this Policy, and submitting information, you agree to that transfer of information for purposes consistent with this Policy.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at Customer Support: support@hiya.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post changes to this Policy on our Apps. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Apps and their corresponding Web sites, sending a push notification, or displaying on any of the Web sites associated with our Apps.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
By downloading and/or using any Apps, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy, including to the collection and processing of your personal information. If you disagree to any terms provided herein, you may not download, activate or use any Apps.