T-Mobile Name ID is an application that shows you the names and phone numbers of your callers, even if they’re not in your address book. T-Mobile Name ID also helps you add those identified names to your contacts; identify telemarketers and robocallers; block unwanted call and texts; and search by name, phone number, business and location.
T-Mobile Name ID begins with a free, no-obligation ten (10) day trial. After the trial, you can choose to subscribe for $3.99 per month, which is billed directly to your wireless account.
- Tap the “Settings” icon in the upper-right of the homescreen.
- Tap “Manage Subscription Settings.”
Unfortunately, you cannot try Name ID unless you are the primary user on the account or the primary account holder has added T-Mobile Name ID to your line. Please have the primary account holder contact T-Mobile customer support to enable T-Mobile Name ID for your phone.
Absolutely not. Any information shown about you within the application is collected from publicly available sources. T-Mobile Name ID does not transmit any personally identifiable information about you.
T-Mobile Name ID will attempt to look up names for incoming and outgoing calls and texts.
Currently T-Mobile Name ID works with US numbers only.
The T-Mobile Name ID “Recent” log displays the same data as your phone’s Dialer and Messages. Therefore, to clear the “Recent” log, you must also clear the call log on your phone’s Dialer and the text log in your phone’s Messages. If the “Recent” log is still not cleared after clearing your phone’s call and text log, restart your phone.
T-Mobile Name ID analyzes the phone number of all incoming and outgoing calls and compares it against our database of known spam, scam or fraud callers. If there is a match, T-Mobile Name ID will warn you by showing a special notification during the incoming call.
You can always report any nuisance caller and help us improve our data.
- Tap on the entry for the caller.
- Tap “Report this number” at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill in the requested information and tap “Submit.”
To block an unwanted caller:
- Tap the entry for the caller in the “Recent” call log
- Tap the “Block” icon on the Details screen
To unblock a caller:
- Select the blocked caller from either the "Recent" or "Blocked" list in the call log.
- Tap the “Unblock” icon on the Details screen.
Blocked texts are discarded immediately and cannot be seen or retrieved.
Unfortunately no. Blocking a caller blocks both calls and texts.
T-Mobile Name ID provides notifications for newly identified callers as well as blocked calls and texts. To manage notifications:
- Tap the “Settings” icon in the upper right of the homescreen.
- Scroll down to “Notifications.”
- Check or uncheck the options for which you would like to receive or not receive notifications.
- Tap the back arrow.